For financial companies such as banks, investment firms, and insurers, search-driven “know your customer” applications can help drive sales, enhance customer experience, and mitigate regulatory risk by providing a 360-degree view of customers.
Financial services companies can use search to:
- Drive sales across channels by equipping sales staff to engage in targeted cross-selling with existing customers.
- Increase customer satisfaction and reduce the cost of support by enabling support staff to instantly access and search customer information — including their documents, messages, and transactions.
- Mitigate regulatory risk by enabling compliance officers to accurately identify non-compliant customers.
To demonstrate how these business objectives can be achieved, we built a customer-centric search application that provides:
- Customer search. Quickly lookup an individual customer using search-as-you-type, or filter by customer criteria such as the financial products they hold, how long they’ve been a customer, their credit score, and much more.
- Customer overview. Get a 360-degree view of the customer, including their account details, the products they hold, the identity documents they’ve provided, notes on their account, and their correspondence and transaction history.
- Message search. View the message history to and from the customer, and search across those messages.
- Transaction search. Because there may be thousands of transactions per customer, we chose not to index transactions in the search platform, but instead search and display the records directly from a database, an easy task thanks to Twigkit’s ability to abstract data platforms — search engines and databases alike.