We are Twigkit & Lucidworks
Twigkit is a cutting edge, fast-growing software company located centrally in Cambridge, UK, and a part of Lucidworks, the world leading search & discovery company and commercial backer of Apache Solr.
We develop a suite of modular components for building search and discovery applications for the world's largest companies. Our modules can retrieve data from any combination of search engines, databases and data providers simultaneously, offering both broad reach and flexibility. We are centrally located in beautiful offices close to the mainline train station.
We work with clever organisations across all industries including life-sciences, financial, media and manufacturing which means we have a wide variety of different challenges to tackle!
We're looking for a smart, passionate and hard working front-end wizard to join our Cambridge developer team, to extend our products and help to develop the next generation of data visualisation and user interaction patterns.
You will have a good understanding of asynchronous client-side coding and an eye for good design. You will bridge the gap between our back-end developers and our designers to ensure an optimal UX for our wide variety of customers.
What we're looking for
We need someone who has:
- High level of proficiency in general web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, etc)
- CSS scripting languages, such as LESS or SASS
- Passion and knowledge around best practices and methodologies in client-side software development
It would also be a bonus if you have experience in:
- Experience of data modelling, infographics and visualisation
- Java or a similar object-oriented programming language, ideally with a good academicbackground in computer science or related disciplines but this is not a requirement for this role
- Search engines/NOSQL engines like Elasticsearch and Solr or their commercial counterparts (HPE IDOL, Google Search Appliance, etc)