About the job
Twigkit is an ambitious, fast growing software company based in Cambridge, UK and Milpitas, California.
We're looking for a smart, passionate and hard working implementation engineer to join our team, master our products and help to integrate them inside client environments.
What kind of clients? All sorts. We work with clever organisations across all industries including technology, financial, media and manufacturing so you’ll have a varied (and often full!) plate.
As client projects start to take shape, you will provide architectural expertise and technical direction with respect to our search and taxonomy technologies, platforms and services.
You'll achieve this by using various integration technologies. You'll be combining data from different sources and providing end users with a unified view of it all. This will involve passing unstructured and structured data through different, fit-for-purpose capabilities of data discovery, data visualisation, reporting and dashboards. If you’re a bit of a data nerd, this might just be your dream job.
What we're looking for
We need someone who is:
- Experienced (minimum 5 years) as a software developer, technical consultant, systems administrator, DBA or technical support specialist
- Educated to Bachelor's level in computer science, IT, engineering or similar
- Consultative, insightful, detail focussed
- Well spoken and able to write thorough, readable documentation Highly proficient in general web technologies (including HTML and CSS, with Less CSS being a bonus)
- Comfortable using JSP custom tag libraries
- A whizz at Java (or equivalent object oriented programming language)
- Experienced in data modelling, infographics and visualisation
It would also be a bonus if you were:
- Skilled in enterprise and/or open source search (FAST ESP, Solr, Elasticsearch, Autonomy, Sinequa, Attivio, Google Search Appliance)
- Appreciative of UX principles and design
- A lover of strong coffee and fine cake