About the job
Twigkit is an ambitious, fast growing software company based in Cambridge, UK and Silicon Valley, California.
We develop a set of modular components that allow our clients and partners to build groundbreaking, user friendly search applications. We have clients all over the world and across all industries including big names in technology, finance, media and manufacturing. This breadth means that we always have a wide variety of different challenges to tackle, so you wouldn't be bored!
We're looking for a smart, passionate and hard working software engineer to join our Cambridge team, extend our products and help to develop the next generation of search applications. As a part of our development team, you will help to shape our APIs for data retrieval and transformation as we tackle ever more complex data visualisation challenges.
This will involve working with various data sources and search providers, ranging from open-source (Solr, Elasticsearch), to enterprise search (Google Search Appliance, MarkLogic, SharePoint search, etc.) and business intelligence (Attivio, Sinequa, etc.). You will also contribute to the development of our search analytics system, which provides actionable insight and data intelligence through our inference and classification framework.
What we're looking for
We need someone who has:
- Solid software industry experience, ideally with a good academic background in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related disciplines
- Strong to excellent Java skills
- Appreciation of productive software engineering practices (testing, tooling, experience with IDEs, etc.)
- Ability to understand and master enterprise software architecture and contribute to design decisions
It would also be a bonus if you have:
- Experience in enterprise and/or open source search (FAST ESP, Solr, Elasticsearch, Autonomy, Sinequa, Attivio, Google Search Appliance)
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with clustering, classification or other aspects of machine learning
- A passion for and knowledge of best practices and methodologies in software development
- A love of strong coffee and fine cake