Greater Los Angeles / Southern California
We are Twigkit
We're a small team of friendly people who take pride in doing a good job. We have high standards, and we push ourselves to deliver outstanding service every day. We also have fun, which is just as it should be.
Although we don't see ourselves as a 'services' company, we are all involved in delivering solutions for our customers. We all pitch in, and teamwork, raw talent, and transparency count for more than job titles. We're not just about getting projects out the door; we want to make sure that our customers are genuinely delighted with their solutions, and with the manner in which they have been delivered. Our customers must love what we do.
We're not usually all in the same place at the same time, but when we are we sit and eat together, help one another, run an old and noisy (but reliable) coffee machine, and generally contribute towards an enthusiastic, collaborative work environment.
About the role
We're looking for a smart, passionate and hard working technical specialist to join our US team and activities, master our products and work with our customers to implement our search solutions in their environment.
What kind of clients? All sorts but tend to be at the top of their game. We work with clever organisations across all industries including technology, financial, media and manufacturing so you’ll have a varied (and often full) plate.
You’ll be involved in pre-sales and implementation activities with our customers, from initial meetings, analysing requirements, creating and owning projects to support and helping our customers expand and grow the Twigkit products and services they use.
As client projects start to take shape, you will provide expertise on our products and will actively participate in the initial scoping activities.
You'll achieve this by using various integration technologies. You'll have a vision on combining data from different sources and providing end users with a unified view of all of it. This will involve passing unstructured and structured data through different, fit-for-purpose capabilities of data discovery, data visualisation, reporting and dashboards. If you’re a bit of a data nerd, this might just be your dream job.
You will also have the satisfaction of owning the local timezone support as well as general contribution to tickets and engaging in the longer term relationship with customers. You’ll also be expected to feed customer’s feedback back to the product and engineering team.
What we're looking for
We need someone who has:
- Experienced (minimum 3 years) as a software developer, technical consultant, systems administrator or technical support specialist
- Educated to Bachelor's level in computer science, IT, engineering or similar
- Consultative, insightful, detail oriented
- Well spoken and able to write thorough, readable communication
- A whizz at Java (or equivalent object oriented programming language) or OS scripting
- Experienced with or has a good appreciation of data modelling, infographics and visualisations
- A Permanent US Resident
It would also be a bonus if you were:
- Skilled in enterprise and/or open source search (Solr, Elasticsearch, Autonomy, Sinequa, Attivio...)
- Appreciative of UX principles and design
- Passionate and knowledgeable around best practices and methodologies in software development
- A lover of strong coffee and fine cake